City of Chicago Chapter March General Membership Meeting
"Meet the Commissioners"
- Lori Healey,
- Commissioner of the Dept. of Planning and Development
- Sadhu Johnston,
- Commissioner of the Dept. of Environment
- Richard Rodriguez,
- Executive Director of the Dept. of Construction and Permits
- Date: Tuesday, March 21, 2006
- 5:30–6:30 p.m. Cocktails & Hors d'oeuvres
- 6:30–7:45 p.m. City Commissioners Presentation
- Place: Carmichael's Chicago Steakhouse, 1052 W. Monroe, Chicago
- Cost: $65 per person
Sponsored in-part by:
Lake County Chapter—Builder After Hours
Come learn about Aikido, a purely defensive, non-combative martial art developed about 50 years ago in Japan. Though one of the youngest of the Japanese martial arts, it contains elements of many ancient fighting arts such as Kenjitsu, Juijitsu, and Jojitsu. Aikido stresses training in mind- body coordination, self confidence, conflict resolution, and the ability to meet stress with "living calmness." The study of Aikido affords the student to learn about conflict resolution and how to apply the principles of Aikido into everyday life to relieve the stressors that we all face.
A sample class will be held for those interesting to trying this form of martial arts. If you would like to give it a try, bring loose fitting clothes (such as sweats). Changing rooms will be available. Attendees who do not wish to actively participate are welcomed to watch. A demonstration will be presented as well.
- Where: Japanese Culture Center
2019 N. Rand Rd., Palatine (1 mi. north of Dundee and 1/2 mi. south of Hicks Rd.)
- When: Thursday, March 23, 2006–6:00 p.m.
- Cost: $10 per person