Become a member
Becoming a member is simple. There are two types of membership - Builder Members and Associate Members. All companies must have a "Main" membership before "Affiliate" memberships can be purchased.
- Builder Affiliate Member - $55/year
- Associate Main Member - $575/year
- Associate Affiliate Member - $55/year
The Home Builders Association of Greater Chicago serves the members in 8 county area Cook, DuPage, Kane, Will, Grundy, Lake, McHenry, DeKalb. These groups in the industry interface with government affairs groups in providing governmental and public relations services. The association provides educational programs which include designation courses and opportunities for networking and business interaction among members.
When you become a member of the Home Builders Association of Greater Chicago, you are also becoming a member of the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) & the Home Builders Association of Illinois (HBAI). You get 3 memberships in 1!
HBAGC (866) 773-5598
NAHB (800) 368-5242 - www.nahb.org
HBAI (800) 255-6047 - www.hbai.org
For an additional fee, a member may elect to become a member of one of our specialized councils. The Association has six councils. They are: Remodelers/Custom Builders Council, Sales and Marketing Council, Production Builders Council, The High Performance Home Green Building Council. Young Builders Council, and Multi Family Housing Council. These councils deal with special interests in matters of the member's industry.
Contact email@example.com or call 866-773-5598.
You can download the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader for FREE!
Valuable Business Resources
- Online links to your website - Building News monthly magazine
- Home Listing Service
- General Membership Meetings
- Market Forum
- Social Events - Golf Outings, Builder After Hours, Company Tours
- Parade of Homes - Medley of Homes, Remodeled Tour of Homes
- Committee Participation
- Advocacy on a local level
- Governmental Affairs Committees
- Home Builders Association of Illinois Lobbyists in Springfield, IL (www.hbai.org)
- National Home Builders Association Lobbyists in Washington D.C. (www.nahb.org)
- State and Local Reporter e-newsletter from NAHB
- Certified Aging-in-Place Specialist (CAPS)
- Certified Graduate Builder (CGB)
- Certified Graduate Remodelor (CGR)
- Institute of Residential Marketing (IRM)
- Certified Sales Professional (CSP)
- Education Workshops and Seminars
Construction Management Certification Programs - contact RCEC at (630) 512-0552 or http://www.aboutrcec.org
- For a complete list of NAHB member discounts, please visit www.nahb.org/ma
- Office Depot - (800) 274-2753
- Office Equipment - Fax machines, copiers, etc. - Contact Illinois Business Systems at (630) 620-6024 or visit them at http://homepage.mac.com/ibsinc/Home_Builders/
- 5-20% Hertz Rental Car Discount (800) 654-2200
- MasterCard Credit from Bank of America
- DellTM Computers (888) 577-3355 or www.premier.dell.com
- HBAGC endorsed payroll program Precision Payroll or contact Paul Sivak at (630) 887-3156
- Local, Long Distance and internet service discounts through www.global-com.com - (312) 334-3237
- GM Vehicle Discount of $500
- Workers Compensation Insurance Program - contact American Builders Insurance at (708) 460-9555
- Health Insurance Program - contact American Builders Insurance at (708) 460-9555
- Save on Home & Auto Insurance with Liberty Mutual (800) 341-5247
- HBAGC Career Center - Post jobs online, search for qualified candidates based on specific job criteria and create an online resume agent to email qualified candidates daily. Online reporting of job activity statistics.
Housing industry recognition and designations
- HBAGC, HBAI, and NAHB Logos Usage
- HBAGC, HBAI, and NAHB Membership Certificates
- Industry Award Programs - Key Awards, SAMMY Awards, Tour Banquet Awards, Million Dollar Awards
- Building Industry Reports (8 times annually)
- HBAGC Weekly E-newsletter
- Illinois Builders Journal (HBAI - bi-monthly)
- Building News (HBAGC - monthly)
- Builder Magazine (NAHB - monthly)
- www.Builderbooks.com (resource on industry books)
- NAHB weekly e-newsletter
- Legislative Action Alerts (periodically)
- All Inclusive Membership Directory
- HBAGC Web Site - Direct Links to Your Website
- Building News - HBAGC Monthly Magazine
- Membership Directory
- Sponsorship of Events
Access to industry experts through HBAGC
For more information on any of these programs, contact HBAGC at (866) 773-5598 or send an e-mail to Rita Unzner, Executive Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org.